Write For Me
I often get requests from people looking to be guest contributors on one of my blogs. Due to my quality standards for content, I don't often accept submissions from external sources. However, on occasion, I will accept guest posts.
Your post must be directed towards women on one of these two categories:
- Small Business Development
- Personal Growth
Your post cannot be an advertisement for any product or service, or the equivalent of a sponsored post. (However, I do have ADVERTISING and SPONSORSHIP opportunities if you are interested.)
- Your post must be original and not previously published either on the Web or in print.
- You agree not to publish it anywhere else, EXCEPT your own blog or Web site. You may post a brief “tease” or summary on other sites that links to the post.
- You may provide up to three byline links: one for your blog or Web site, one for your bio or About page, and one for your Twitter username (optional).
- Your post should be at least 300 words long and no more than 600 words.
- I will promote this content across all social media channels for my brand and all email lists and so should you.
- You should also read:
These all contain some very helpful tips to maximize your post.
- “Anatomy of an Effective Blog Post” by Michael Hyatt
- “9 Ways Become an Exceptional Guest Poster” by Darren Rowse
- “Seven Steps to Writing a Successful Guest” Post by Jeff Goins.
- 7 Crucial Tactics for Writing a Radically Successful Guest Post by Blog Tyrant (via CopyBlogger).
- I do not employ an editing team so you will be responsible for correcting grammtical and punctuation errors.
- I may make small edits to the content or layout or change the title in order to improve the audience appeal.
I understand the work that it takes to write a blog post. However, the fact that you have written a post and submitted it to me does not obligate me to publish it. The only guest posts I will publish are those that, in my sole judgment, add value to my readers.
Furthermore, if I do not approve your guest post, I will not explain why I did not approve it or provide any detail. Frankly, that would take more time than I can afford.
If your post meets the above guidelines:
- Please email it to me for consideration. Due to the volume of submissions, it usually takes me 1–2 weeks to respond.
- Please include a one to two sentence byline that includes what you do, along with your blog address and your Twitter and/or Facebook address.
- Please confirm that you are willing to engage with my readers in the comments about your post. This is hugely important and a non-negotiable. My readers have come to expect this.
- Please include the post in the body of the e-mail. DO NOT include it as an attachment. Also, please do not include HTML coding.
If I reject your post, you are obviously free to do whatever you want with it, including publishing it elsewhere.