The Honest Model
Your Needs Matter!
A BUSINESS BUILT ON LIES I'm going to start with a solid truth. Before I became a business owner, I was enamored with all the sexy glitz and glamour that most entrepreneurs seemed to dripping in. Then, my corporate parachute failed (meaning I got laid off) and my father became disabled all at the same time. I needed to generate a significant income and have a flexible schedule to help take care of my dad. So starting my own business seemed like the only sane thing to do. Simple, right?!
Hell to the no! Starting my own business was probably one of the hardest, most demanding, most time consuming, most rewarding, worst, best decisions I've ever made! While I am really happy to be where I am today, I just wish I had built my business more honestly from the beginning. It would have saved me a mother-load of heartache.
Early in my entrepreneurial journey, I spent a lot of time doing things that I hated simply because they were expected of me, and I did other things because they were lucrative. But all of those things made me miserable. Honesty, I hated my job (something I didn't even think was possible for a business owner).
Fast forward 10 years and I found myself completely overwhelmed and utterly pissed off. I was waking up every day resenting my clients for the work they requested and more angry with myself for not being grateful for the work.
THE AHA MOMENT!
Then came the aha moment! I realized that I had been committed to giving others what they needed, instead of being committed to what was right for me. So I sat down and had an honest conversation with myself. I mean REALLY honest, and as a result, I totally restructured my company. I finally gave myself permission to change my failing business model. I finally stopped feeling guilty for hating my work and recognized that MY NEEDS MATTERED!
I stopped doing the things I hated and kept doing the things that I loved; especially the ones that made me money. The lovable things that didn't get me paid became less of a priority...and viola! I had an honest to goodness business model that worked for me and the busy demands of my life. Now, I want to share my process with you. HOW IT WORKS The Honest Model Is Built on 3 Basic Principles (The 3 D’s)
- DECIDE what matters, then
- DARE to be courageous to enough
- DESIGN a business and lifestyle that you can live with
A STEP BY STEP PROCESS It's challenging enough to manage a business and a busy work schedule. The last thing you need is yet another process that will make you feel overwhelmed. That's the reason I decided to break down The Honest Model™ in phases. Check this out!
- GET CLARITY – Clarify your message, offerings and ideal audience to help you position your brand as front runner in the pack. (get the details here)
- GET CASH – Clearly identifying and monetizing all your revenue opportunities to help you build a profitable brand.
- GET CONNECTED - Connecting with all the right people to grow your brand including your ideal audience, the media and key influencers.
This process isn't for all business owners. It was designed to conquer some very specific challenges. The Honest Model™ is for you if...
- you feel scattered and “all over the place” with your business model or brand
- you want to tap into your full earning potential
- you are stuck and unsure how to move forward
- you could use more major media exposure
- you want to position yourself as an industry expert
- you feel trapped by the expectations from
Welp, that's the The Honest Model in a nutshell. If you're interested in working with me to create your customized business model, then complete the contact form in the side bar or email me at coachME@JaiStone.com