There are a lot of reasons why building an online community simply makes good business sense. For one, people tend to thrive more when they have peers and support. Another reason is that a community increase your circle of influence and credibility. I could go on and on about the benefits of creating a common gathering place, but what I really want to talk about in this post is how you can use that community to increase your revenue.
Yes! Who could object to more revenue right? But before you just start bombarding your audience with offers and sales flyers, there are a few things you should know. In my recent Periscope video, I gave 4 steps to building a lucrative online community. I’m going to list the the steps below, but I go into much, much more details on Periscope. SEE VIDEO HERE. Now, on to the steps.
1. Engage Your Community. Talk to the community members so you can better understand how to serve them. Find out their challenges and create solutions.
2. Offer Edutainment. You need to both educate and entertain your audience. With all the hustle and bustle in today’s society, it takes a lot more to hold a person’s attention. You simply MUST be interesting. If you don’t have an exciting personality, then partner with a sidekick who does. Or create a platform where you interview exciting folks.
3. Give Deep Value. Teach something that no one else is teaching, something they can’t Google. Offer an in depth perspective that sets you apart from others in your industry.
4. Nurture Your Community. You should actually CARE about your community and what they are going through personally and professionally. Give them tools that make their lives easier. Take the time to personally respond to people or talk to them, in the end, they will buy into you, not just your brand.
There is also a bonus tip that you simply MUST catch on the video replay. To skip right to the good part, start HERE!
Leave a comment
Latest posts by Jai Stone (Master Brand Coach) (see all)
- Create, Curate & Convert by Driving Traffic To Your Website - July 5, 2017
- Why Holiday’s Are Everythang For Treps - May 27, 2017
- Death Of My Smartphone – A Love Story (VIDEO) - May 19, 2017